BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
The Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety is a nationally recognised qualification in Australia. This course is designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills required to work in a variety of work health and safety (WHS) roles. The course covers the management of WHS hazards and risks in the workplace, the implementation of effective WHS management systems, and the coordination of WHS training and awareness programs.
6 to 12 months
There are no formal prerequisites for enrolling in BSB41419 – Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety. However, it is recommended that students have basic literacy and numeracy skills and have completed Year 10 or equivalent.
This course may include written assignments, case studies, workplace projects, practical demonstrations, and workplace observation. Students will be required to demonstrate their competence in all units to achieve the qualification.
Units of Competency:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations
- BSBINS401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBWHS419 Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes
- BSBWRT411 Write Complex Documents
- 1 from any currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course at the same Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level
Graduates of BSB41419 – Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety may find employment in a variety of roles, including:
- Work Health and Safety Officer
- Safety Coordinator
- Safety Advisor
- Safety Officer
- Safety Manager
Upon completion of BSB41419 – Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety, graduates may choose to further their studies by enrolling in the Diploma of Work Health and Safety (BSB51319) or other relevant qualifications.
Victorian Skills First Program
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. Eligibility criteria applies.
For fee information, please go to the following link:
Fees and Charges