RII30820 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
The Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations is a nationally recognised qualification that provides learners with the necessary skills and knowledge to operate a range of plant and equipment commonly used in the civil construction industry.
This course covers a wide range of topics, including risk management, communication, interpreting plans and specifications, identifying hazards, and controlling plant and equipment operations. Learners will also develop practical skills in operating plant and equipment, performing routine maintenance, and undertaking basic fault finding and repair.
The course can be studied through a combination of classroom-based learning and on the job training. The course is competency-based, meaning that Learners will be assessed on their ability to perform specific tasks and meet industry standards.
Units of Competency:
- RIIBEF201E – Plan and organise work
- RIICCM201E – Carry out measurements and calculations
- RIICCM202E – Identify, locate and protect underground services
- RIICCM203E – Read and interpret plans and job specifications
- RIICCM205F – Carry out manual excavation
- RIICCM206E – Support plant operations
- RIICCM207E – Spread and compact materials manually
- RIICCM208E – Carry out basic levelling
- RIICOM201E – Communicate in the workplace
- RIIRIS301E – Apply risk management processes
- RIISAM201E – Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of nontoxic materials
- RIISAM203E – Use hand and power tools
- RIISAM204E – Operate small plant and equipment
- RIIWHS201E – Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIWMG203E – Drain and dewater civil construction site
- RIIMPO317F – Conduct roller operations
- RIIMPO318F – Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
- RIIMPO319E – Conduct backhoe/loader operations
- RIIMPO320F – Conduct civil construction excavator operations
- RIIMPO321F – Conduct civil construction wheeled front end loader operations
Upon completion of the course, learners will have the necessary skills and knowledge to operate a range of plant and equipment commonly used in the civil construction industry. They will also have the opportunity to further their studies with higher-level qualifications in civil construction or related fields.
Victorian Skills First Program
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. Eligibility criteria applies.
For fee information, please go to the following link:
Fees and Charges