RII30920 Certificate III in Civil Construction (Bituminous Surfacing)
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as skilled operators in civil construction, who apply a broad range of skills in varied work contexts, using some discretion and judgement and relevant theoretical knowledge. The individual may provide theoretical advice and support a team.
The qualification applies to specialist occupations in bituminous surfacing, bridge construction and maintenance, pipe laying, road construction and maintenance, road marking, tunnel construction, timber bridge construction and maintenance, traffic management and general civil construction occupations.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification considerations
Licensing, legislative and certification requirements that apply to this qualification can vary between states, territories, and industry sectors. Users must check requirements with relevant body before applying the qualification.
The course can be studied through a combination of classroom-based learning and on the job training. The course is competency-based, meaning that Learners will be assessed on their ability to perform specific tasks and meet industry standards.
Units of Competency:
- RIIBEF201E Plan and organise work
- RIICCM201E Carry out measurements and calculations
- RIICCM203E Read and interpret plans and job specifications
- RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
- RIISAM203E Use hand and power tools
- RIISAM204E Operate small plant and equipment
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIICBS202E Hand spread asphalt
- RIICBS301E Conduct profile planer operations
- RIICBS302E Conduct paver screeding operations
- RIICBS304E Compact asphalt with rollers
- RIICCM207E Spread and compact materials manually
- BSBXTW301 Work in a team
- RIICBS203E Safely handle bituminous materials
- RIICBS310E Conduct patching operations
- RIICBS316 Conduct pavement sweeping operations
- RIICBS317 Conduct road maintenance operations
- RIICCM205F Carry out manual excavation
- RIIIMG301E Maintain site records
- RIIRIS202E Respond to site based spills
- RIISAM201E Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of nontoxic materials
- RIIMPO317F Conduct roller operations
- RIIMPO321F Conduct civil construction wheeled front end loader operations
- RIIMPO324F Conduct civil construction grader operations
- RIIMPO325E Conduct civil construction scraper operations
Upon completion of the course, learners will have the necessary skills and knowledge to operate a range of plant and equipment used in the civil construction and applies to specialist occupations in bituminous surfacing. They will also have the opportunity to further their studies with higher-level qualifications in civil construction or related fields.
For fee information, please go to the following link:
Fees and Charges