CPC30920 Certificate III in Scaffolding
This Certificate III in Scaffolding reflects the role of individuals working in scaffolding operations in the residential and commercial construction industry.
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Scaffolding will elevate your career as a scaffolder within the residential and commercial construction sector.
This is a licensed occupation. Users should check requirements with their relevant licensing authority.
The qualification includes units of competency that cover common skills and knowledge for the building and construction industry, as well as those that are more specific to scaffolding work.
- This course is only offered by invitation of the Victorian Scaffolding Traineeship Association (VSTA) and CFMEU Education and Training. For more information, please email
- Must be physically fit and able to handle the demands of scaffolding work
The course can be studied through a combination of classroom-based learning and on the job training. The course is competency-based, meaning that Learners will be assessed on their ability to perform specific tasks and meet industry standards.
Units of Competency:
- CPCCCM2006 Apply basic levelling procedures
- CPCCLSF2001 Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level
- CPCCLSF3001 Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level
- CPCCOM1012 Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCOM1013 Plan and organise work
- CPCCOM1014 Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCOM1015 Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCOM2001 Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCSC2001 Handle and position scaffolding tools, equipment and components
- CPCCWHS2001 Apply WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM2012 Work safely at heights
- TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck
- CPCCCM3001 Operate elevated work platforms up to 11 metres
- CPCCLSF4001 Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding advanced level
A nationally accredited qualification at Certificate III level
may find employment as
- Scaffolding Supervisor
- Scaffolding Inspector
Four high risk work licences, Forklift (LF), basic scaffolding (SB), intermediate scaffolding (SI) and advanced scaffolding (SA)
Victorian Skills First Program
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. Eligibility criteria applies.
For fee information, please go to the following link:
Fees and Charges