This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to safely perform intermediate scaffolding work.
Scaffolding work involves erecting, altering or dismantling a temporary structure to support a platform from which a person or object could fall more than four metres.
This unit applies to scaffolding work involving:
- cantilevered crane loading platforms;
- cantilevered scaffolds;
- spur scaffolds;
- barrow ramps and sloping platforms;
- scaffolding associated with perimeter safety screens and shutters;
- mast climbing work platforms;
- tube and coupler scaffolds (including tube and coupler covered ways and gantries).