This course specifies the skills and knowledge required to safely perform basic rigging work.
Riggers use mechanical load shifting equipment and associated gear to move, place or secure loads, including plant, equipment or members of a structure. Riggers ensure the stability of those members and set up and dismantle hoists.
This unit applies to rigging work involving:
- Structural steel erection;
- Pre-cast concrete members of a structure;
- Safety nets and static lines;
- Mast climbing work platforms;
- Perimeter safety screens and shutters;
- Cantilevered crane loading platforms.